HOT DAMN. HOT DAMN. These pancakes. With this vegan sausage…
Makes quite possibly the BEST breakfast I’ve had in my life. It’s filling, its savory and sweet and chocolatey and WOW let’s just get to the recipe, shall we?
As a short update: hello, I’m back. It’s August 30th and this is my first post in 2018. Wow. Lots has happened between this and my last post back in October. Lots of which I will share. But until then, enjoy this brand new recipe I conjured up myself! 🙂 Your taste buds will thank me.
Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper– you’ll hear them say. Well, at a heaping (tbh I don’t really know how many calories this is, but its def a lot cuz it fills ME up and that’s saying loads), this puppy magically satiates me for a solid 5 hours. Great for a lengthy morning of getting sh*! done, lazy weekend brunch, or I dunno just a good ‘ol treat in general!
- 1 cup dry, quick cooking oats
- 1/2 banana, save other half for later
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp Natierra Cacao Powder (bought mine at Sprouts; other brands/ya classic cocoa powder works fine as well)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks (love ’em cuz they’re dairy, soy, and gluten-free; not to mention they melt DIVINELY)
- 1 Field Roast Italian Sausage
- 1 tbsp peanut butter of choice (I used chunky, salted)
- 1 tbsp jelly of choice (I used Trader Joe’s Organic Concord Grape Jelly)
- Add oats to a food processor and pulse until an oat flour forms (should take about 5 seconds, no joke). Add 1/2 banana, almond milk, and cacao powder until a sexy lil batter forms.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over the stove at medium-low heat. When warm, pour half the batter and spread with the back of a spoon to thin it out and make the pancake larger. Add half the required amount of Enjoy Life Mega Chunks into the wet side of the batter. After 1 minute and 30 seconds (this timing is crucial) use a spatula to flip the pancake and let cook for another 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- When the first pancake is done, place onto a plate to cool. Add the rest of the batter to the pan and repeat step 2. When the second side is cooking, add the Field Roast Sausage and turn every 15 seconds until all sides have browned and entire sausage is heated through.
- Meanwhile, take 1 tbsp peanut (or any other nut) butter of choice and, if not spreadable because refrigerated, place in a microwave safe cup and microwave for 30 seconds. Then spread it onto the first pancake. Add 1 tbsp of jelly of choice.
- When second pancake is done, place on top. Chop up the other half of the banana and place it on top of that. Place Field Roast Sausage on the side.
You’re welcome in advance. And although these aren’t individually stuffed, you can just ignore that part because they’re damn good the way they are. And are all ending up in the same place anyway, am I right?
PRO TIP: depending on your PB & J ratio preference, you may wanna alter that part. For me personally, I prefer 1 tbsp PB to 1/2 tbsp jelly. But PB just happens to run through my veins so do whatever suits you, boo!
Enjoy! 🙂 ❤