SCHOOL IS BACK IN SESSION IN T-MINUS 19 HOURS, PPL.
This means more dead trees to write on, less hours to sleep, and more tears to cry.
Oh my god, I’m kidding. Mostly.
I’m actually pretty excited because its my senior year (kiss my a$$ schEWel). And I’m enrolled in ALL classes I have genuine interest in so am STOKED for the year to begin. Finally, all subject-matter I FINALLY care about. #collegerocks
To get through the grind while making gainz and staying healthy, tho, we Vegans (or maybe you’re not even vegan, but just like eating-plant based sometimes, that’s cool too!!! :)) need to be on top of our meal prep//nutrition game.
Below are some AWESOME ideas I’ve gathered from some of my fave health foodies. Each recipe is pictured above ^^^^^^ ENJOY!!! ❤ ❤ ❤ And good luck with the coming fall semester. 😉
VEGGIE N HUMMUS JARS: (from Liv B via YouTube)
- Letrlly choose your fave hummus (I’m currently using Trader Joe’s White Bean and Basil Hummus which is the literal BOMB)
- Chop up your fave raw veggies (I chose some Organic cucumber and carrots from TJ’s)
- Layer the hummus at the bottom of selected tupperware or mason jars (these are cuter if u want that aesthetic), then stick in your veggies slices.
- Cover and you are all set for a healthy, hummus-licious 😉 grab and go snack.
BLACK BEAN AND SUN-DRIED TOMATO RICE CAKE: (from Supreme Banana via YouTube)
- Get an organic brown rice rice cracker.
- Rinse then drain a can of Organic black beans.
- Smash with a fork in a bowl.
- Add in sun-dried tomatoes up to your personal preference. Mix together.
- Spoon desired amount of mixture over rice cake. Garnish with parsley or cilantro if you fancy. Also a lil spritz of lemon or lime juice never hurt nobody neither. #sorrymom
NO BAKE ENERGY BITES: (from the back of the flaxseed meal bag via Trader Joe’s)
- Combine 1 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup VEGAN chocolate chips, 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal, 1/2 peanut butter, 1/3 cup maple syrup, and 1 tsp. vanilla extract into a bowl and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Take about teaspoon sized scoops and roll into a ball with hands.
- Place protein ballz onto cookie sheet and shove into freezer for an hour.
Voila!!! I promise that all of the above taste DEEEELICIOUS and help keep you feeling full longer since PROTEIN is the life of the party in all of them. #bonapetite and #happystudying 🙂