Over a month into the vegan game, I’ve been expanding my horizons and experimenting with vegan dairy. ❤
And it’s actually not that hard to make/ is hella delicious!
Is it necessarily healthy for you? Not really.
But life and cooking and eating and pleasing your taste buds is all about moderation.
ESPECIALLY for all the die-hard foodies out there like me. So #Igotchu :*
Plus dairy isn’t good for you anyways. Shhh don’t tell the non-vegans. You’ll scare them.
I have three “dairy” products I’ve been imitating- the other two are a secret and will be revealed in the upcoming weeks ;). The one pictured above is a vegan butter (borrowed from avirtualvegan.com, more specifically https://avirtualvegan.com/easy-vegan-butter/).
The verdict? SUPER CRAZY AMAZINGLY DELICIOUSNESS.
I used almond meal as my emulsifier of choice (why I came across this particular blog’s recipe b/c I could NOT find liquid lechitin for the life of me…sry Jalbo Cooks if ur reading this) and I especially love this almond meal idea b/c it gives the butter a nutty taste that amps up toast with butter…or anything with butter, rly…a few hundred notches.
See the recipe below. And don’t forget to lemme know what you think! 🙂 ❤
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 tbsp almond meal
- 5 tbsp plant-based milk (I always use almond)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup melted/room temp/refined coconut oil
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Throw everything but olive oil and coconut oil into a blender and blend until smooth. THEN add the olive oil and coconut oil and blend until smooth again.
- Pour into an air tight container and refrigerate, will take a few hours to solidify.
So watchu waitin for? Get to cooking! It doesn’t take long at all and you can use your “butter” for pancakes, waffles, in baking, with pasta, the possibilities are endless.
Lemme know how you choose to use it! I’d love to try it out myself! 🙂
Happy cooking! ❤