RECIPE BLOG POSTS ARE BACK, PPL!!!
It has been way to long. Ya gurl has been back in the states for a little over a month now and she has cooked some thangs. Like these deliciously amazing and easy plant-based version of everyone’s fave: chicken nuggets.
This is a great recipe to either prep the batter ahead of time and throw em all into the oven when you do have time OR just cook the whole thing straight away and prepare your Tupperware for lots of leftovers. Unless you have a big fam ur sharing this with. Because this makes a lot.
Foodie life update: I’ve been vegan for about a week now and tbh w/ recipes like this one, I am LOVING it. ❤
COPYRIGHT DEALIO: Recipe borrowed from the first ever issue of Forks Over Knives Magazine. Modified by me.
Now let’s get to it! Your taste buds and bod will be thankin’ you.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 organic sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 small onion cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. freshly snipped parsley
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 clove Trader Joe’s Fermented Japanese Amori black garlic (you don’t have to get this fancy, but just like my Roasted Kale and Sweet Potato Naan Pizza recipe, it does make a huge flavor difference. If you like bold, that is)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Pink Himalayan Salt (so into this rn) and black pepper
- 1/3 cup organic bread crumbs
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper IF it’s not non-stick.
- Place potato in a steamer basket OR boil. Both require 10 mins.
- In a food processor, or if you don’t have one like me, a high powered blender, throw in the next 10 ingredients. So the beans up to the salt and pepper and pulse until it becomes like a batter or paste.
- Add the potato and pulse again until thoroughly combined.
- Depending on how big you want your nuggets, scoop out the batter 1-2 tbsp. at a time. Mold the shape of the nuggets with your hands and coat with bread crumbs.
- Place formed nuggets onto baking sheet and bake for 40 mins total, flipping them half way through.