I have been obsessed with this drink lately. It’s a gorgeous color and the prefect post-run replenisher (so obvs I’ve been having it after practically every run lately). Not to mention, it contains a good load of phytochemicals, healthy fats, protein (minus the cholesterol), and sweetness.
With only 6 ingredients, this smoothie makes for the perfect breakfast or snack that will set the rest of your day off on a good note. It’s healthy, delicious, and convenient. What could beat that?
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup fresh organic spinach
- 3/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1 medium frozen banana (I prefer using these to ice, it chills the drink and adds an extra layer of creaminess you won’t get from the other ingredients)
- 4 tbsp. Trader Joe’s Organic Hemp Protein Powder – Vanilla Flavored (what makes this cholesterol free!)
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
- Throw all ingredients into a blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour. And enjoy. 🙂