O.M.G. I have never had something so decadent and easy.
Hey all, I’m back!
This past month (or so) has been crazy. I had finals, meetings, quit my job, moved out of my apartment, came home…but now I am FINALLY back to cooking and posting! 🙂
As well as updating my blog! Soon to come, I will be adding a fitness tab and a tab on my thoughts on food and health. I really want to share my half marathon running experience as well as why I eat how I eat and some helpful tips I’ve learned along the way. But until then…
Made on Christmas, they are super simple and taste exactly how I imagine Christmas day would taste…being the chocolate/nut butter fanatic that I am. This recipe is borrowed from one of my all time favorite food bloggers: Kristy Turner’s cook book But I Could Never Go Vegan! …and I am quite obsessed. Check out her blog when you get the chance, she has hundreds of recipes. I have yet to try them all, but so far they are absolutely ah-mazing. Seriously, how does she do it?
You can swap out the almond butter for any nut butter your little heart desires, same for the chocolate. And although a stove is required, this recipe is dorm room friendly as long as you have a microwave and fridge. 🙂
- 1/2 cup all natural smooth or crunchy nut butter
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (a vegan one exists if that’s more your jam)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (again, Kristy likes using them vegan ones)
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- In a small bowl, stir together the nut butter, oat flour, and powdered sugar. Chill until ready to use.
- Line a muffin tin with 8 cupcake muffin liners, then set aside.
- IF USING A STOVE: place a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water and melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil. Stir until completely smooth. IF USING A MICROWAVE: place chocolate chips and coconut oil into a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir. Then put back in for another 30 seconds. Then stir until smooth.
- Scoop 2 teaspoons of melted chocolate into each liner. Be sure to cover the entire bottom with the back of a spoon.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the nut butter filling into each liner. Gently press down with a spoon….don’t worry about being neat, the messier you get, the cooler the final product looks.
- Scoop 1 1/2 teaspoons of melted chocolate over each liner.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for 30 mins and you are set! For best quality cups, refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Enjoy! 🙂 ❤