Easy, simple, healthy, and such a GREAT WAY to get them veggies in.
Occasionally I get lazy and don’t make a list when I go grocery shopping. This was one of those situations. I picked out things I liked rather than having an ideal recipe in mind and ended up creating this beauty! And it was just as delicious as it was attractive #majorgainz
NOT PICTURED: I ate this with a batch of sweet potato fries which I am OBSESSED with. They literally go with every meal…except maybe breakfast. ACTUALLY PICTURED: I realize the pepper doesn’t look too stuffed, but believe me, it was. The darn thing was lopsided so every time I’d fill it up my inner mixture would pour out from the bottom and the forces of gravity wouldn’t allow it to stay at the top. Ah, well. I just ate up the extra inner mixture like the human vacuum I am.
Also keep in mind this dish is vegetarian, but it doesn’t have to be! Add ground turkey, beef, chicken, even fish! Whatever your little heart desires. I guarantee whatever you put in there will taste delicious.
- 1 bell pepper
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/3 cup beans (or meat)
- 1/4 cup non-fat feta cheese
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Ground up red cayenne pepper
- Chopped basil
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice off top of bell pepper, take out seeds. Roll around in 1/2 tsp olive oil (rolling around, as opposed to brushing it, won’t take all of the oil…also I didn’t have a brush handy lol!).
- Combine rice, beans, and feta. Stir into remaining oil.
- Stuff dat pepper.
- Set in oven for about 7-10 minutes.
Take it out and enjoy 🙂