Good morning and happy Monday! While it may technically be the worst day of the week and you may even be up before the sun is…I am handing you the secret weapon to making it a little brighter. And a whole lot tastier. 🙂
I was inspired by @bringing_fit on Instagram. She had been posting a recipe similar to this about 6 months ago and I have been dying to try it. I finally did (putting my own spin on it, of course) and wow wow wow. ABSOLUTE HEAVEN. Psst. She’s great to follow for quick, healthy recipes in the midst of student life as well.
WARNING: If you don’t have a sweet tooth this may not be your thing. Also being that peanut butter and jelly is what I lived off of for the first eight years of my life, I had a pre-disposition to be obsessed from bite one.
- 1 cup whole grain rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, chopped
- 1 tbsp all-natural nut butter
- 1 tsp organic grape jelly (Ratios may vary. I obviously like more PB than Jelly, but everyone’s preference is different.)
- Bring pot of almond milk to a boil, add oats. Stir and mix continuously until oats have absorbed most of the almond milk. Pour into bowl.
- Align banana slices on either side.
- Sprinkle cinnamon.
- Add dollop of peanut butter and jelly to middle of bowl. If you allow it to rest for a few minutes, it will melt into the oatmeal and make this dish all the more scrumptious.
- Enjoy! 🙂