Surprise! New tablecloth. Also surprise! Your taste buds are going to LOVE me for this.
On the real though, who would’ve thought that fresh, organic ingredients can be made into a dish that takes about as much time as a frozen box of mac and cheese?
Okay, maybe a little longer than that…but nothing more than 10 minutes. I swear.
Easy is the name of the game when it comes to making this crazy satisfying meal. When you’ve got classes in full swing, work, or just life in general, this convenient recipe will placate your always-on-the-go mindset while still giving you that bon apetite after taste your little heart desires.
Plus all of the health benefits! 🙂
I first found this recipe in the Cooking With Trader Joe’s Cookbook: Vegetarian by: Deana Gunn and Wona Miniati about a year ago and absolutely fell in love. Of course, you can modify this recipe any way you please i.e. different vegetables, sauce, cheese, etc. but this combination was absolute perfection for me.
SIDE NOTE: I am a HUGE bread lover. The way this 100% whole wheat pita bread is baked gives just the right amount of soft doughiness in the middle, while the outsides crisp in the oven.
- 1 pocket 100% Whole Wheat Pita Bread
- 1 tbsp Trader Joe’s Genova Pesto
- 1 organic heirloom tomato, chopped
- A dash of spinach
- 1/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place foil over baking sheet. On top set down pita bread. Spread pesto, add tomato, spinach, sprinkle on cheese.
- Place into oven for 8 minutes.
- Let cool for a minute. Slice. And enjoy. 🙂