This has got to be the BEST/EASIEST veggie burger of my life thus far. I almost didn’t even have enough time to enjoy it in all its cheesy, melty, crispy glory before I realized I’d practically swallowed the entire thing whole….oops.
It’s that good 😉
The brand of veggie burger I recently discovered is from Trader Joe’s (of course) and is called Cowboy Quinoa Veggie Burgers with Black Beans and Roasted Corn. Très yum! My mom was actually the one who introduced them to me when I was home earlier this summer and after I tasted them, there was no turning back (thanks, mama!). The cooking process is so freaking fast and the results are actually gourmet level. The ingredients also do not contain soy which is a huge plus for me.
Super easy, super delicious. All around this was a definite A+ meal.
And on the frozen veggie burger note. Yes, I know, I know. It’s not home-made BUT it’s super convenient. Especially on busy work days and when school starts back up again. Besides, frozen is fresher anyways!
- 1 tbsp of Hummus of choice (I use Trader Joe’s Mediterranean Creamy and Smooth Hummus)
- 1 Trader Joe’s Cowboy Quinoa Burger
- 100% Whole Wheat burger buns
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1 slice reduced fat cheddar cheese (my FAVE)
- Place pan over medium heat. Place frozen quinoa burger on one side for 7 minutes, flip and do the other side for the same amout of time **SIDE NOTE: You can also microwave these, but the quality comes out significantly better over the stove**
- Add spinach to pan, stir until wilted.
- Place veggie burger patty, spinach, and cheese onto whole wheat bun.
- Put into toaster oven for approx 7 or so minutes. Until cheese is melted and buns are toasted.
- Top off with hummus.
It’s that easy! Enjoy 🙂