Mm mm, good!
The only thing I love more than a delicious breakfast is a quick and easy one! Ain’t nobody got time to slave over a hot stove for more than 30 minutes. And for this recipe, a stove was not even touched or considered.
I first found this recipe online a few months ago and ever since I started making it in my dorm room (literally every day of sophomore year) I’ve become obsessed and have multiple versions of this I can’t wait to share with you all. But for now, my simple vanilla and cinnamon recipe will do the trick.
Startin’ y’all off with the basics 😉
Since no stove or oven is required, this is the perfect on-the-go recipe for college students. Or working moms. Or dads. Or if you’re just busy in general. I used to make this before I would have to take a train to my internship two days a week. Just pull it out of your fridge in the a.m., throw it in your bag, and eat it when you can. It’s that simple.
- 1 cup whole grain rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 banana, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine oats and almond milk into a container with a lid (I love using mason jars solely for the cuteness factor).
- Mash half the banana and throw in.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract mix thoroughly.
- Cover container and let sit overnight in fridge for at least 5 hours.
- In the a.m., slice other half of banana and place on top.
- Drizzle over honey and cinnamon.
- Enjoy 🙂