Breakfast is my absolute favorite meal of the day. I could eat it for lunch, dinner, and as a snack (yes, I’ve done this before). There’s just something so wonderful and comforting about waking up to the flavors and aromas of eggs, toast, bacon (or whatever gets you jammin’ in the a.m.). It’s the perfect transition from rising out of your warm bed and preparing to face whatever the world has in store for you.
I typically head into work or the gym about 2 hours or so after I wake up so breakfast is crucial in fueling the first part of my day. As it should be for all, eating a healthy breakfast has been proven to decrease your chances of weight gain and help you focus in school, work, life in general, etc. So there you have it, my schpeal on why breakfast is so so important is complete! Now for the good stuff: the recipe itself!
The two types of toast I’ve been obsessing over lately are my egg white and veggie scramble (left) and crunchy peanut butter and banana/cinnamon (right). Two different flavors you can either eat separately, or (if you have a big appetite like me), together! Serve it up with a piping hot cup of joe and you are set!
- 2 slices whole grain sprouted ezekiel bread
- 2 eggs worth of egg whites (about 1/3 of a cup)
- 1 cup chopped veggies (I used red pepper, spinach, and cremini mushrooms)
- 1 slice reduced fat white cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. all natural crunchy (or creamy) peanut butter
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- Place two pieces of bread in the toaster oven. Toast to desired crispness.
- Set pan over medium heat. Pour in egg whites, veggies, and cheese. Scramble.
- Remove toast. Pour veggie scramble onto one slice.
- Spread peanut butter onto other slice, top with sliced banana, sprinkle cinnamon.
Serve immediately and enjoy!