From the title alone, I’m sure you can already tell that this is not your average grilled cheese. Oh no. It’s SO much better. I found this recipe online about a week ago and loved it so much I’ve already eaten it almost once a day. You might say I have a problem.
This grilled cheese is packed with so much flavor and cheesy goodness that my taste buds cried tears of joy and sadness because no matter how ravenous I ate, I couldn’t seem to get it all in my mouth fast enough.
Then it was gone.
It’s sandwiches like these that go great with cozying up to a good book or your fave Netflix show. It’s everything comfort should be. And then some.
- 3 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 pieces 100% whole grain sprouted Ezekiel bread
- 1 link of Trader Joe’s sun-dried tomato chicken sausage
- 1 slice reduced fat cheddar cheese
- Heat 1 tsp. olive oil over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms until browned, about 2-3 mins.
- Add spinach, cook until wilted.
- Place sautéed mushrooms and spinach onto one slice of the Ezekiel bread. Rinse then slice the chicken sausage and place on top. Add the slice of reduced fat cheddar cheese. Top off with remaining slice of bread.
- Spread 1 tsp. olive oil evenly on the top slice of bread and place that side down onto the pan. Allow to cook 2-3 minutes until browns. Spread olive oil on the other slice then do the same.